Thursday, August 23, 2012

Que me cuentas de nuevo--What's new?

Dear Blogosphere,

You must forgive me as I've been out of town and out and about and took the past two weeks off from volunteering--hence this blog has been a bit bleak and empty in content. But the buzz on the street is that this week has been a big week! School is starting up this upcoming Monday August 27th--and I'm already marking due dates down on my calendar. Dr. de Rosset sent out the syllabus early for my literature elective, Violence and Grace in the Novel, and bless her heart--because you know planners like me love that! In fact slightly unrelated to Crowell Library (forgive me for a second time in one post I beg!) I compiled a list of local bookstores that are wonderful for school book shopping. Since my class is a literature elective most of the required novels found on my syllabus I've found right here in the city. And with no shipping these books have been cheaper than most competing online sources! With finds like these you've gotta be a debbie downer if you don't like cheap books and supporting a local economy!

 Here's the list of my favorite local stores to choose from:

And if you don't think you can find the books you need for classes at these places (because honestly some don't carry specifics like Grasping God's Word--which is a necessity for Hermeneutics!) these places are great for studying and to find pleasure reading! Even though the school year is busy--pleasure reading is a nice way to unwind before bed or to pass time on transit.

If you don't have money to buy the books needed for classes or maybe you don't have the space to store them--come to Crowell Library! If we don't have the book on reserve, or in the stacks  Joe Cataio is more than happy to help you acquire the book you need through interlibrary loan! And believe me you'll get whatever book you need and have a wonderful conversation! Whether it's book sales at Newberry library, help with the reference section, or recommendations on movies--Joe's got the in on the city and interlibrary loan books!

Now to the meat and potatoes of this week's post; Crowell library has NEW CHAIRS!
With our new carpet--our new chairs fit right in! If you navigate your way to the sky lights in the basement of Crowell Library you'll find these lovely golden chairs looking both sleek and modern! And as a "student tester" these chairs pass the test! They are not only aesthetically appealing they're perfect for studying. These chairs are comfortable and yet still firm. Because although I may be guilty for a few snoozes here and there during my research breaks at the library, chairs are meant to enhance one's energy in the library--not put us to sleep! (wink) Regardless of your personal choice of use--these chairs are ready and available for you!

Last, but definitely not least! If you're feeling down about the money spent towards tuition, books, or heck, even anything at all! High tail it to the free shelf because it was updated August 15th! And believe me--there are some goodies! In fact I snagged a set of what every self-proclaimed Evangelical would love to own--Jesus themed paintings by an unknown artist. I might keep these goodies as they are, or I might add a bit of an artistic touch--either way I'm happy to be the proud owner of these FREE paintings!












As you can tell by this weeks abundance of exclamation points (!) I'm excited for the fall semester to begin and for all that's happening in Crowell Library! Until next time--stop on by since we're open again!

No comments: