Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Just because we're a berry doesn't mean we just have books!

Today we ensue a topic that may not be of interest to most. Or maybe it's an opportunity that you knew of--but you do not care to ensue. Or maybe you're like me--and you just don't have time. Or maybe you think THIS IS A BERRY, NOT BLOCKBUSTER! Well Blockbuster is barely scraping by, so I guess maybe it'd be better to state--MBI Crowell Library is not netflix nor red box--but by golly MBI has a great selection of films!

For my Violence and Grace in the Novel class we have required films to view and interact with. Before even trying to find the required films at the library for the first few films--I went to netflix. I went to amazon instant. I went to ebay. I tried everything under the sun not to check it out from the library! Why? I wanted convenience! The films I'm required to watch are all on reserve. I didn't wanna drudge on over to the berry and get a movie for 3 hrs. But I understand the need to place required films on reserve--so many students to watch em' so little time! I appreciate the time restriction because even though it may not seem like it--I'm kind of a procrastinator...especially with films! I can hardly stand to sit and watch an entire film--even if I love the movie/documentary.

But you know what. The films Dr. de Rosset requires me to watch end up being splendid. And you know what else! Through being forced to use the reserve movies (lololol)--I realized that THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER MOVIES THAT ARE NOT ON RESERVE! And you can check em' out for three days instead of three hours! 


Located on the first floor, you'll find yourself in a room just past the circulation desk and you'll see shelves of movies! And if you so desire, there is even a viewing room located on the first floor! In the viewing room there are TVs with DVD players and they come with headphones! But be careful, because you might find yourself like me--watching Shadowlands with headphones on in the viewing room crying your eyes and not realizing how loud you are. So maybe you wanna check out your film and watch it in the privacy of your own "home"--or maybe you'll wanna watch a more light-hearted film in the viewing room. Regardless! Scope out MBI Crowell's movie selection--and maybe you'll find yourself with a free date, or a nice way to relax--or better yet, you'll find yourself with some heavy truths being taught through the art of a film.

No comments: